The Board of Education is once again able to offer one-off seed grants to further the objectives of the Children, Schools and Young People’s Framework.
Applications are invited for funding for projects that meet the following criteria:
- Open to Parishes, benefices and deaneries within the Diocese of Canterbury who have not been awarded a Seed-Grant in the last 18 months.
- Applicants must demonstrate that the proposed projects fulfil the objectives of the Children, Schools & Young People Framework within the Diocese of Canterbury and
- That their project links to the Children & Young People’s aspect of their Deanery Planning
- Applications will be awarded for amounts up to £1000.
- Applicants must demonstrate the viability and sustainability of the proposed project
- Grants are awarded on condition that a timely review process is agreed with the ChYP’s Ministry Team
Applications can be made online
OR using the application form: click here to download
Deadline for applications is 22 March 2013.
The ChYP’s Ministry Seed-Grant Scheme panel will aim to decide on all applications by the end of March 2013. We anticipate receiving more applications than we might hope to award: applications will be decided at the panel’s discretion.
 Objectives of the CSY Framework:
- 1. To ensure that children and young people are at the heart of the Diocese’s mission, with every Framework, Deanery and Parish being committed to:
- work towards every child and young person having a life-enhancing encounter with the Christian faith and the person of Jesus Christ
- promote and facilitate Deanery strategy plans which enable discipleship for all ages
- promote relevant worship which feeds that discipleship
- give space and listen to the voices of children and young people, actively seeking their knowledge and insight and taking these implications seriously
- 2. To ensure the effectiveness of Church of England schools in the diocese
- 3. To maximise opportunities for the Diocese’s involvement in education
- 4. To support and develop quality RE and Collective worship in all schools
- 5. To offer a Christian vision for education and secure high quality Christian leadership for Church of England Schools