Applications are invited for funding for projects that meet the following criteria:
- Open to Parishes, benefices and deaneries within the Diocese of Canterbury
- Applicants must demonstrate that the proposed projects fulfil the objectives of the Children, Schools & Young People Framework* within the Diocese of Canterbury and
- That their project links to the Children & Young People’s aspect of their Deanery Planning
- Applications will normally be awarded for amounts up to £1000, but applications for amounts up to £5000 will be considered.
- Applicants must demonstrate the viability and sustainability of the proposed project
- Grants are awarded on condition that a timely review process is agreed with the ChYP’s Ministry Team
Deadline for applications is 20 April 2012.
The ChYP’s Ministry Seed-Grant Scheme panel will aim to decide on all applications by the end of April 2012. We anticipate receiving more applications than we would hope to award: applications will be decided at the panel’s discretion.
*Objectives of the CSY Framework:
- To ensure that children and young people are at the heart of the Diocese’s mission, with every Framework, Deanery and Parish being committed to:
- work towards every child and young person having a life-enhancing encounter with the Christian faith and the person of Jesus Christ
- promote and facilitate Deanery strategy plans which enable discipleship for all ages
- promote relevant worship which feeds that discipleship
- give space and listen to the voices of children and young people, actively seeking their knowledge and insight and taking these implications seriously
- To ensure the effectiveness of Church of England schools in the diocese
- To maximise opportunities for the Diocese’s involvement in education
- To support and develop quality RE and Collective worship in all schools
- To offer a Christian vision for education and secure high quality Christian leadership for Church of England Schools